Wow… I’m a little embarrassed at how long it has taken me to write on here. It has been a little crazy lately. Some random things I’ve done in the last few weeks are: went on my first trip to Plano, went down to North Carolina for a surprise birthday party for my dad, and I got a Organizational Change Management Certification.
Here is my update for the last month:
- Health/Fitness: Take vitamins everyday and go to the gym at least 4 days each week
- I have been very good about taking my vitamins. There are probably only 2 or 3 days where I hade forgotten to take them. I can officially say I have been consistent enough where taking vitamins has now become a habit.
- I have been really good with the gym as well. For the most part I go at least 4 days a week. The hardest part is getting the energy to go but once I get my butt up, its the best feeling in the world.
- I also lost 2 lbs!! woot woot
- Spiritual: Spend time with God daily
- Sadly, this is probably the one I have been struggling with the most. I havent been making this is high of a priority as I should be. I really want to work on that this month.
- Hair: Research ways to maintain healthy relaxed hair (#blackgirlprobs) & buy hair products
- I went a little crazy on the hair products… I wanted to make sure I had EVERYTHING I needed. $300 later, I would say that was accomplished.
- I have also been really good about trying to take care of my hair. I cover it every night before bed and whenever I take a nap. I have also been good about not putting heat on it. I did give in once but it was for Easter Sunday so I think that’s okay :).
- Life: Pay off credit cards & create a budget
- I was able to pay off both of my credit cards and I am so proud of myself. Now I just hope I can keep it this way :).
- I also created a budget. I’m hoping doing this will help me to be proactive about saving.
All in all I am very pleased with my progress :). For this next month, my goals are as follows:
- Health/Fitness: Eat healthier (build willpower) and continue to go to the gym at least 4 days each week
- Spiritual: Spend time with God daily –> I am putting this as my goal again for this month because I really want this to become part of my life for the rest of my life. Hopefully I will have better luck this month :).
- Hair: I think I have been pretty good at taking care of my hair… for this month I want to get better at styling it without using heat.
- Life: Find a place to live in the City, stick to my budget, put money away in savings as soon as I get paid and read more business books… (Blog post coming soon…)
I’m excited to see what things I get to mark off this month! Until next time…